Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Happy Ending

Candlelight dinner for two
And I'll cook if you want me to
Or maybe we'll have a picnic down the beach
In a place where our phones are out of reach
We can frolic on the sand all day
And when you get tired from walking and running down the bay
I'll give you a foot massage at the end of the day

There's nothing in this world I wouldn't do
Whatever your heart desires
I'll listen to them intently
And with each day spent with you
I'll make all your desires a reality
And I will take my time making you mine
There's no rush because I know at the end of it
Baby, I know you're way worth it

I will never let tears touch your face
But if it happens, tears of joy will be the only case
I'll take a one-way ticket to your heart
And from you, I will never part
I sleep and only dream of you
I wake and only think of you

Your face, heaven's fallen angel
Beautiful yet forbidden
You, 8th world wonder
So amazing, so breathtaking

I've seen your flaws
Your imperfections
I've experienced you having your moments
From tantrums to silent treatments
I've seen you when your vulnerable, defensive, and insecure
Yet nothing has changed about how I feel
I still love every bit of you
I loved you more now than I ever did before

So baby, you don't have to worry
These eyes and this heart of mine will never wander
The vow I made is engraved in forever
I will honor you and the One who gave you to me
And the happy ending you thought was impossible
Baby, it is here now with you and me...

1 comment: