Friday, March 27, 2009

Have Me

Why do we build mansions for the one we love?
Yet destroy the castles of the one who loves us
I still wonder why you love him
When there could have been someone else loving you better

Are you afraid that you're going to get hurt?
Are you afraid of losing it all?
But the heart is something that you shouldn't be playing with
When it’s not only your that breaks but someone else’s

Am I seeing what I wanted to see in you?
Do I know this person standing right in front of me?
I don't want to think bout it
But the more I look at you
It becomes clearer and clearer
I don't know you at all

Have I put you on a pedestal when I shouldn't have?
We talk about different things
And through that I thought I knew you enough
But do I really know
Or have I been fooled by you?

Why can't we be all just like him?
Why can't we be given a chance to build your castles?
I see you perfectly just the way you are
Yet he finds reasons to destroy all of your beauty

Will it still be worth it?
Now that I know
You might not be the person I thought of
The person I have loved and cherished
Does she even exist at all?
Or is it just mirage
An illusion that I have created

Yet here I am still
Mesmerized
Fixated on your picture
In spite all these complications
I still know the answer
No matter who you maybe
I will love you still
In the end, you will still have me

No comments:

Post a Comment