Sunday, March 15, 2009

Crossword Puzzle of My Heart

crossword puzzles in my heart
chaos or bliss, i couldn't tell them apart
up or down, i can't seem to figure it out
but i'm falling for you without a doubt

i'm falling deeply as each day passes
i'm more out of place as this feeling progresses
24/7 you're stuck in my brain
my heart is in bliss but still in pain

so these words left unspoken
should i say them now?
or even if i did
would i still be broken somehow?

would you listen?
would you let me in?
or would you close your door?
and tell me just to give in?

would you give me the time of day?
would you stay me with me and never go away?
would you tell your friends about me?
or would you keep all of it in secrecy?

because these stolen glances hurt my eyes
i don't know for how long i can keep my disguise
and i have all these questions hanging overhead
it would be so much better if i have you instead

but they said, "good things come to those who wait."
and with someone as good as you, it's definitely worth the wait
like wine, you get better with time
rushing this through would be such crime

so i'm letting you go in the meantime
but i'm not leaving it all behind
because there is no day that goes by
that i don't find an excuse to keep you in mind

it doesn't mean i'm loving you less
and there's someone else i want to caress
but if God allows, He will make you see
in my prayers is where i keep you and me

No comments:

Post a Comment