Friday, March 20, 2009

In Love in The Dark

I walked through the empty corridor
Footsteps resounded from the distance
Shadows moved through the dim lit walkway
I have seen this before
I have felt this before
"Déjà vu," I whispered

I felt my lungs contract
Suddenly, as if I was inside a vacuum
My heart beat in slow motion
Suddenly, as if I was stuck in oblivion

But I was misguided
Because as I saw you standing there
It became clear to me
I have never felt this before
I have never seen someone so amazing before

I had papers in my hand
With scribbles of words you will never read
Because words do not do justice
Even the most eloquently astounding words won't suffice

Love letters could they be?
Sleepless nights I spent in the dark
They played tricks in my mind
Lies I told myself
I will leave everything behind
But as cold air blows through my open window
I seat here typing these words in the shadow...

You are my happy ending
You breathe life to my dying soul
You are the surge of energy to my dead battery
You are the sparkle in my eyes
You are the muscle that makes my face smile
Whether it is wrong or right
You are the love of my life...

But not all we want in this world we get
I played it over and over in my head exactly how I want things to be
But for some reason I cannot bring myself to pursue this
And to ask God for you

I've been in love before but never have I restrained myself
For once, I cannot ask Him to answer my silent prayer
Because you deserve more than that
That no matter how much I love you, it is not enough of an excuse
It is not enough.

If God somehow gives me what my heart silently yearns for
I cannot ask you to make that sacrifice for me.
I cannot make you suffer because of me
And so it remains,
Beneath the facade
I will love you in the dark...

No comments:

Post a Comment